I'm going to be supplying some updates about recent going ons.
Daytime Drama 2
I'm going to work on getting some screenshots and video out soon, but DD2 has been in development since July, making it 10 months of steady development.
Here's the team so far
- Jona Arts Twitter as my cutscene slide artist and secondary artist. She's been instrumental in several design choices in DD2, namely the design of the Synth Pearl and some of the weapons.
- EllieJojo has been brought on. She was a big fan of the first game and has been helping with sound design, misc. voice acting and helped design one of the weapons. She's also helping with some level design.
- MissFinefeather has been helping a bit with some of the decor of the levels and additional art.
- Neurotopia has been helping with misc. lore.
- RodScorpion is returning as primary musician and made the title art.
- CakeOfRage is the voice of Navy LaNada, the heroine of Daytime Drama 2, and has helped with the lore.
- SpoopyScarySarah has returned, voicing Sanya and one of the bosses.
- AndromedaHawking is the voice of Bordeaux Pearl, the villain of the game, and has been instrumental in shaping Bordeaux personality and characteristics. She also is expressing interest in helping Rod compose for the game.
- NeonBat is the voice of one of the bosses and instrumental in some design choices of the game.
- Jenna Pepper is the voice of the Synth Pearl, one of the enemies in the game.
- InnocentDarkside returns as the voice of the Dontreldemon
- MisterBaman has helped with some QA and design choices and has offered to voice the slideshows
Daytime Drama 2 is a game developed by a lot of people and has grown beyond the small group that put out the first one. And we aim to shock and please. Daytime Drama 2 aims to tackle the adult audience that makes up most gamers.
But what is this game?
More will follow soon in a dedicated update.
Waffle Iron Studios has a patreon now. You can help financially support us:
Waffle Iron Studios Patreon
Hosting AmateurZ for RodScorpion
My friend and primary musician RodScorpion's been working on a webcomic. We're working on designing a website for his comic, and I'll be hosting. This makes the first non-Daytime Drama project to be published through Waffle Iron Studios and I couldn't be more excited!
I will be posting a more thorough update once Rod has given me a blurb to tell people with. However, like Daytime Drama, it's designed with adult minds in mind, and I'm sure it'll excite people.
The future of Waffle Iron Studios
I am considering after DD2 and DD64 (I envisioned the game as a trilogy) on going commercial, like what Hedon did.
Daytime Drama 64 will be the grand finale of the Daytime Drama Trilogy and will be powered by the GZDoom engine, and will push GZDoom to it's absolute limit. It will answer a lot of questions about Sanya and the universe she lives in and how it works.
Project Pie is the codename for a followup spiritual successor and will be a commercial product. We're only going to accept funding from a publisher if we can retain rights to the IP, as well as have full creative control over it. If not, it's self publishing.
I have many words to state about the modern state of gaming and the so-called activists and anti-activists ruining the landscape, but that's for another time.
Anyhow, stay frosty kiddos.